MARKETING & BOX OFFICE COORDINATOR – Job Description
The Brown University Department of Theatre Arts and Performance Studies (TAPS) seeks qualified applicants for the position of Marketing & Box Office Coordinator. The position coordinates and executes marketing and publicity for all TAPS mainstage productions and related department production and pedagogical events, including summer programming. Responsibilities include designing, implementing, and managing in-depth and effective marketing and publicity. The position also manages Box Office and Front of House operations including hiring, training, and managing of student staff and volunteers in sales and customer service best practices; the creation, use and archiving of departmental media; and marketing and external-facing digital media for department and large academic events.
• College graduate with at least 1 – 2 years of publicity/marketing related experience, or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with Box Office and/or Front of House preferred
• Broad knowledge of theatre or similar performing arts environment
• Working knowledge of graphic and web design
• Self-motivated, highly detailed and organized individual with public relations and management skills. Attention to detail, especially in regards to proofreading, is required
• Managerial experience and skills required for student Box Office/Front of House employees and volunteer ushers
• Must be occasionally available for unusual hours including weekend and evening performances
• Background Check required (Educational & Criminal)
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume.
For more information and to apply: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/Lyman-Hall/Marketing-and-Box-Office-Coordinator_REQ134202
Or visit Brown’s Jobs@Brown website https://www.brown.edu/about/administration/human-resources/employment-performance-management/jobsbrown and search for REQ134202.