Open to artists and/or artist collectives working independently of a nonprofit, A Blade of Grass is seeking creators of socially engaged art projects. They are looking at the process and relationships of socially engaged art projects. They see the aesthetic qualities of socially engaged art here—in how alliances are formed and maintained, the way disparate stakeholder groups are coordinated, how power dynamics are navigated, and how bridges are built between many different types of people in a socially engaged art project.
Fellowship projects become the focus of:
- A short, engaging documentary film directed and produced by RAVA Films
- Field research that utilizes action research methodology
- Web content and public programs
- A biennial publication
- Curriculum and advocacy that advance the field of socially engaged art
- Two dedicated opportunities to engage a cohort of peer artists
To realize this partnership, artists receive $20,000 in minimally restricted support. For more information, click here.