The Handicraft Club seeks to fill a part-time position to assist the Office Manager. The Club is a historic center for the arts located on the East Side of Providence that offers its members a wide variety of craft and fine art classes and workshops.
The OC Assistant is a year-round, part-time position. The hours range from 10-20 hours per week. Time/days are flexible. Pay is $18-$22 depending on experience.
- Develop and manage weekly email communication to members.
- Provide support as needed to the Club Communications Committee.
- Assist with design and production of Club’s quarterly newsletter.
- Assist in maintaining all Club databases.
- Maintain office files and archives.
- Assist the Office Manager as needed.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, MailChimp (or other email service), Weebly or other web site design service.
- Willingness to learn new technology and able to manage online programs.
- Conscientious and reliable with keen attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to work with volunteers and independently.
- Friendly, polite, and professional.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the Handicraft Club Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing prospective candidates in late September.