Arte Corajosa Celebrating Azorean Creativity: Courageous Art
Deadline for entry: 11:59 pm PT March 18, 2018
Juror’s Selection – by April 15, 2018
Drop off – 3rd and 4th of June
Opening Reception – Friday June 15, 6:30 – 8:30
Entry is online through our portal at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com
Accepted Media: 2-D and 3-D media of all kinds. No Video or site-specific installations.
$20 = Four 2-D entries.
$20 = Four 3-D entries with two alternate views of each.
$55 = If you would like to become a member: $35 for yearly dues plus $20 for four entries.
Exhibition Dates: June 15th – August 26, 2018
Juror: Nancy Whipple Grinnell
Artist Reception: Friday – June 15, 6:30 – 8:30
The Bristol Art Museum is providing the East Bay and greater Rhode Island community with the opportunity to experience traditional, contemporary and historical Portuguese culture through the presentation of visual arts, performing arts, literary arts, and educational workshops.
Juror: Nancy Whipple Grinnell is Curator Emerita at the Newport Art Museum, where she served for 18 years. During that time she produced over 200 exhibitions, expanded the permanent collection by 800 works, oversaw accreditation by the American Alliance of Museums, established endowments for conservation and acquisitions and organized the Archives dating back to 1912. She also wrote a biography of the Museum’s founder, Carrying the Torch: Maud Howe Elliott and the American Renaissance, and authored numerous Museum catalogues and brochures.
Grinnell’s curatorial strength is in her ability to see quality in diversity. Her curatorial work at the Newport Art Museum was always distinctive, adventurous and fresh bringing the museum admiration and respect. Nancy is known for finding and promoting artists creating quality work whether they are well known or not.
Entering Your Images:
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
• Artwork must be created by an artist of Portuguese Heritage.
• The Artist should reside in Rhode Island and South East New England.
• All work must be original, no commercial work considered.
• All work must be hand delivered, no artwork accepted if shipped.
• All work must be properly framed and ready for display.
• No saw tooth hangers.
• 2-D work may be no larger than 48”x 60”.
• 3-D work should weigh no more than 50lbs.
• The artist must be 18 years of age or older.
Entry and Selection Process:
• All entries are submitted online.
• Up to 4 submissions per artist.
• The juror determines final selections.
• Work received must be accurately represented by images submitted online.
• All work will be juried using the online images submitted by artists.
• All work must be original.
• The submitting artist must be at least 18 years old.
• All work must arrive ready to install including any special instructions for installing.
• Artwork can weigh no more than 50 pounds and must fit through an average door.
• BAM retains a 20% members commission on all sales of artwork.
• 30% non-members.
• Drop off of artwork – Sunday June 3 – noon – 3 pm & Monday June 4 – noon-3pm
• Juror’s Selection – by April 13, 2018
• Artists will be notified of accepted works by email.
• At the conclusion of the exhibit work must be picked up on August 28th and 29th – Noon – 3 pm.
A NOTE FROM ONLINEJURIEDSHOWS
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
REGARDING JURY NOTIFICATIONS: Notifications are sent through ConstantContact from Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com. To ensure receipt of this notification, please add Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your contact list, or safe senders’ list.
On the day of notification, you can do the following, but you will also receive an email notification, sent from ConstantContact, that will state the same.
1. Go to OnlineJuriedShows.com and log in using your email address and password.
2. Right above where you just logged in, click “Your Artist Profile.” You are now in Your account!
3. Click the show name and you will see your first image. The jury results will be under the thumbnail view.
4. As you will see, it will say either “This Image has been Accepted or Declined in to the show.” Under that sentence, you can click “Read Acceptance (or Declined) Letter.” The letter will then be displayed below.
5. If you submitted more than one piece in the show, go to the next entered piece in the show by clicking the page number, displayed below the thumbnail image.
6. While you are in your account on OnlineJuriedShows.com, click “Personal Info” and make sure your name, address, phone number, and email address are up-to-date.
NOTE: Please be sure to read your letters in their entirety. Most acceptance letters will ask you to RSVP or will have special instructions you must follow.
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING:
How to look at or edit your entries.
How to pay, if you didn’t pay when you entered.
How to see if you’ve already paid, or how to get a receipt.
How to Update your Personal Info (name, address, email address, password).
How to REPLACE an Entry.
Also, if you’d like to write to us to get help, CLICK HERE: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx