NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley (NWBRV) is offering community members the opportunity to utilize space for programming and support to promote creative outlets for community members. NWBRV is looking for creative people and artists interested in using their talents to build community and make positive physical, economic, or social impacts within the Millrace District (specifically 40 South Main Street) through music, art, culture, networking and creativity events or programming. At NWBRV, we define a creative very broadly; both trained professionals and the self-taught. You can be a
musician, poet, photographer, food entrepreneur, dancer or performer, or through many other avenues. If you have an idea for how to or socially impact and build the creative community, we want to support it! We also want to ensure that this idea is grounded in the Woonsocket community.
What We’re Looking For
– Local community members to use their own ideas and talents to use through offering classes, events, and opportunities that aid in creating a creative culture in the Millrace District.
– People to host creative events, education, and opportunities that that occur once or over a series of sessions in either our pop-up café or event space at 40 South Main Street, Woonsocket.
– People that are community-minded and self-motivated
Type of Events We Would Love to Support
– Music, art, writing, creative workshops and classes (yes, you can charge participants for your expertise as long as it’s reasonable)
– Poetry slams, mic nights, pop-up galleries, food demos, networking nights
For more information and to apply, click here.