The Jamestown Arts Center is accepting exhibition proposals for 2020!
The gallery is currently booked through December of 2019.
The deadline for submissions for 2020 is May 1, 2018.
Please email proposals to Exhibition Director Karen Conway at email@example.com
Call to Artists & Curators
The gallery space at the Jamestown Arts Center has become one of the most exciting places to experience art and design in southern Rhode Island. Because of its large size and high ceiling height, the space is unique and lends itself to a variety of exhibits.
If you are interested in showing your work or curating a show, you must submit a proposal to the exhibition committee. We strongly urge you to visit the space first so that you understand its possibilities and limitations. We are also very interested in collaborating with other spaces and organizations, particularly outdoors in Jamestown.
The gallery is currently booked through December of 2019. The deadline for submissions for 2020 is May 1, 2018.
Proposals should include the following:
- A description of the exhibition, including its objective and why it should be shown at the Jamestown Arts Center.
- Possible and best case time frames for the exhibition. The usual duration of an exhibition is 4-6 weeks.
- Artist’s or curator’s statement(s), and/or other support material, reviews, résumés, exhibition history etc.
- A list of artists participating, if applicable.
- Links to relevant website(s) if available.
- A selection of high-quality digital images of the artwork to be shown, with titles, dimensions, and dates. Can be emailed or sent on cd.
- Price range of the artwork, if it is for sale. Note: that the JAC will take a 35% commission if work is sold while at the arts center.
- List of costs the JAC can expect, beyond reasonable gallery maintenance and opening expenses.
- Description of educational programming that could be connected to this exhibit- artists’ or curators’ talks, workshops, films, classes, field trips etc.
We are a multi-disciplinary facility:
Please note the gallery space is also used for monthly film screenings, theatre productions, concerts, JAC talks, and other events. All sculpture and installations must be movable to accommodate other programming.