The Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources is charged with leading Rhode Island to a secure, cost-effective and sustainable energy future, and they are interested in hearing how artists and arts organizations use clean energy or employ conservation efforts in their work.
If you have a story to tell, please share it with Robert Beadle (Robert.Beadle@energy.ri.gov), Communications Manager at the State’s Office of Energy Resources. Or you can share your story with the world using the Twitter address @energyri and the hashtag #1000megawatts
NEA’s Media Arts staff will conduct a webinar on May 3, 2017, at 3:30 PM Eastern which will focus on guidelines for the upcoming Art Works II: Media Arts July 13, 2017 deadline.
Participants will gain insight on crafting a compelling project proposal, eligible projects, resources, and examples of previously successful projects.
- We accept applications from non-profit organizations of any discipline.
- Additionally, organizations may submit more than one application to the Art Works II: Media Artscategory under the July 13, 2017, deadline.
- Previous applicants to the Art Works I deadline in February 2017 also may submit more than one application to the Art Works II: Media Artscategory under the July 13, 2017, deadline.
- The webinar is open to the public, the presentation will be followed by a Q&A session.
- Register for the webinar here.
Eligible project types for this Art Works II: Media Arts deadline:
- Production of all genres and forms of media art as an artistic medium, or a medium to broaden arts appreciation and awareness (of any discipline)
- Artistic tool-making (hardware or software)
- Residencies, labs, or facilities access programs for media artists
- Intergenerational workshops and educational activities
- Conferences, field studies, and convenings
- Media arts publications
- Web portals, hubs, apps, or other innovative uses of technology to provide audiences with increased access to media artists and art works
- View the complete list of eligible activities here.
You can listen to the webinar using your computer speakers or dial-in to 1-877-685-5350, participant code: 739587
An archive will be available a few days after the webinar at https://www.arts.gov/videos/webinars.
Visit our website for more details about the Art Works II: Media Arts – Deadline July 13, 2017