The LEF Foundation’s New England Moving Image Fund Pre-Production grant application is due June 2nd. This grant is for feature length documentaries and on-fiction pieces, forty minutes or longer. This grant supports pre-production activities including esearch, travel, location scouting, script or storyboard development, experimentation with shooting picture and sound, distribution planning, fundraising, creating a trailer, and schedule and budget development. For more information, and to apply, click here.
Groundwork Rhode Island (GWRI) seeks non-profit partners to deliver one-time and/or high-dosage environmental education programming at GWRI’s three urban green spaces in Providence: an urban farm/greenhouse, tree nursery, and community garden. Applicants may apply for mini-grants up to $5,000 to deliver this programming, focusing on elementary and middle-school-age Providence youth.
Anticipated Timeframe for Program Implementation – July 3, 2017 through August 16, 2017
Fall Proposal Submission Deadline – July 15, 2017 Anticipated Timeframe for Program Implementation – September 11, 2017 through November 17, 2017
Please note that this RFP is open to members of the RI Environmental Education Association (RIEEA) only. If you are currently unaffiliated with RIEEA, but would still like to reply to this RFP, you may become a member at any time by visiting http://rieea.org/membership/. The RIEEA membership fee may be included in your proposed program budget. Successful applicants MUST also be affiliated with a recognized 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization (including universities). For individuals who are unaffiliated with a 501 (c) 3 entity and are interested in applying, please contact Groundwork Rhode Island to discuss options with us.
The National Endowment for the Arts goes through a rigorous, multi-step process when it awards grants. From the submission of an application through notification of a grant, the NEA and its panels of experts review applications for both quality of the work and impact of the project.
That’s pretty much what we do here at RISCA as well. In fact, if you play the excellent video from the NEA (click above) and in your mind just substitute the words “Rhode Island State Council on the Arts” whenever you hear “National Endowment for the Arts”, then you get what we do as well.
NEA’s Media Arts staff will conduct a webinar on May 3, 2017, at 3:30 PM Eastern which will focus on guidelines for the upcoming Art Works II: Media Arts July 13, 2017 deadline.
Participants will gain insight on crafting a compelling project proposal, eligible projects, resources, and examples of previously successful projects.
- We accept applications from non-profit organizations of any discipline.
- Additionally, organizations may submit more than one application to the Art Works II: Media Artscategory under the July 13, 2017, deadline.
- Previous applicants to the Art Works I deadline in February 2017 also may submit more than one application to the Art Works II: Media Artscategory under the July 13, 2017, deadline.
- The webinar is open to the public, the presentation will be followed by a Q&A session.
- Register for the webinar here.
Eligible project types for this Art Works II: Media Arts deadline:
- Production of all genres and forms of media art as an artistic medium, or a medium to broaden arts appreciation and awareness (of any discipline)
- Artistic tool-making (hardware or software)
- Residencies, labs, or facilities access programs for media artists
- Intergenerational workshops and educational activities
- Conferences, field studies, and convenings
- Media arts publications
- Web portals, hubs, apps, or other innovative uses of technology to provide audiences with increased access to media artists and art works
- View the complete list of eligible activities here.
You can listen to the webinar using your computer speakers or dial-in to 1-877-685-5350, participant code: 739587
An archive will be available a few days after the webinar at https://www.arts.gov/videos/webinars.
Visit our website for more details about the Art Works II: Media Arts – Deadline July 13, 2017